To form the government of the community with the President and to support the director of formation.
Formation and Christian and Carmelite Maturing of the Members of the community (CC 46).
- Attend Council Meetings frequently, at a minimum once a quarter
- Exercise discernment in admitting candidates to formation, to first promise, to definite promise, and to give its
consent to admit those called to vows (CC 36 b, c, d, 39; 47a).
- For just motives with the consent of the Provincial, it may reduce the period of formation to the first promise (CC 47)
- Receive a member transferring from another Community.
- Be well versed in the Constitutions and Statutes and local documents that govern the OCDS.
- Preserving fraternal communion
- Promote confident dialogue at different levels within the community, other communities, provincial, etc..Assist the president
- Assist the formation director
- Convene the community every 3 years for elections of the new council (CC 47).
- After Elections, appoint the community secretary and treasurer.
- Dismissal of members and discerning together with a member who of their own accord wants to leave the community.