To provide O.C.D.S. members with books on Carmelite saints and spirituality to borrow, read, and return when they are finished reading the books
- To bring the Lending Library books to all the Community monthly meetings. The Lending Library books are stored at home.
- To provide a sign-up sheet for checking out the books. Only O.C.D.S. members can check out books, not visitors.
- To inform members that the books are to be returned in a timely manner.
- To accept donations and give a receipt to the individual if requested
- To make labels for the books indicating the books are the property of the O.C.D.S. Community
- To make a yearly inventory of the contents of the Lending Library books so as to check on non-returned items
- To gently remind members who have non-returned items for a long period of time to return the items.
- To order/purchase new books. To submit the receipts to the Council for reimbursement